With the evolution of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation worldwide, we wanted to take a moment to reiterate that ensuring the health and wellbeing of our guests and team is always our top priority. Public health authorities have reassured Torontonians that the current risk level remains low. Currently, there is no evidence of local transmission of COVID-19 in Toronto.
Until we are instructed otherwise, all performances are proceeding as scheduled – The Show Must Go On! However, Soulpepper and the Young Centre have put a number of steps in place:
FEELING UNWELL: In consideration of other guests, if you are feeling unwell or have recently travelled to a region affected by COVID-19, we kindly ask that you consider not attending the event. We have relaxed our ticket exchange policy and will happily book you into a later performance or put money on your account for a future production, free of charge. Please call the box office at: 416-866-8666
Steps we have taken:
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations are available at all entrances and points of public contact.
- We have instructed our cleaners to daily clean and disinfect all contact surfaces, including door handles, arm rests, and service counters.
- Ushers and Volunteers will be provided with gloves when handling tickets and money.
- Proper hand washing techniques are posted in all washrooms.
- Staff who are feeling unwell are asked to stay at home, and additional options have been made available to work from home.
- We have cancelled all non-essential corporate travel.
- We will communicate proactively with our customers should there be any updates in the situation.
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to an inspiring evening at the theatre.
- Updates from Toronto Public Health can be Found HERE.
- If you are sick with respiratory symptoms for which you would not normally seek care, please contact Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000